Non Rev policies after merger?

. Seniority for one classification and fcfs for another. Are you kidding me? This won't happen with aa. It will be one way or another. At aa non rev travel is a company benefit. Same rules applie to all employees.
Aren't SA7/8/9's non-revs from other airlines and buddy passes? So there would not be any seniority.

. Seniority for one classification and fcfs for another. Are you kidding me? This won't happen with aa. It will be one way or another. At aa non rev travel is a company benefit. Same rules applie to all employees.

SA1/3/4/5/6 are ALL employee/dependent travel groups by seniority within group. SA7 are guest passes by check in time. SA8 are Star Alliance airline employees and dependents by check in time. SA9 are other airline employee and dependent by check in time.

Well, anyone can come up with a scenario where the system he/she doesn't like would screw you over.

And, if you are non-revving to popular vacation destinations--like Hawaii, you almost deserve to be denied boarding. I have no desire to go there, but the people I know who do, buy a ticket and travel pos space.

I don't recall stating which way I prefer on here. I'll adjust my travel to whichever it ends up being, but my scenario that will screw you over is a current AA policy. So even with FCFS, the little "through" issue could screw you no matter which way the policy goes. So for all those shouting FCFS is fair for all, I agree it could be- with an *exceptions apply disclaimer given current AA policy.

As for your comment about deserving to be denied boarding for popular places- I guess I got lucky then catching a couple of seats from HNL-LAX on AA a couple of years ago. Also, one persons popular vacation spot is another persons home. How do we decide who deserves to be denied boarding for wanting to go somewhere fun and exotic for the beach or cold and frigid if you want to ski, or ??? :rolleyes:

As for your comment about deserving to be denied boarding for popular places- I guess I got lucky then catching a couple of seats from HNL-LAX on AA a couple of years ago. Also, one persons popular vacation spot is another persons home. How do we decide who deserves to be denied boarding for wanting to go somewhere fun and exotic for the beach or cold and frigid if you want to ski, or ??? :rolleyes:

For some reason, HNL-LAX seems to have seats available a lot of the time. HNL-DFW or HNL-ORD, not so much. If you had said you got non-rev OAL seats on an HNL-DFW flight, I would be kidnapping you to take you with me to LAS. Lucky would be an understatement.

The only people more lucky were my brother and his wife traveling D3 on my passes from HSV to HNL through DFW to see their son before he was shipped to Afghanistan for a year. Not only did they get on their first flights going and coming, they got bulkhead seats in both directions (my brother is 6'2"). As a matter of fact, I was prepared to route them through LAX on the return flight, but they got on the DFW flight that day.

When did you check them in for the flights how many hrs before departure
Coming back HNL DFW HSV your 24hr checking would put them in front of every body on the east coast correct

you check in for the flight 24 hours before departure. Period. Ive never really thought of the time change issue, that is usually an issue if your checking in for D3s (and they are several time zones away) when you are traveling, your usually in the same time zone 24 hours before your departure. If your a crew member i guess its not so complicated, if not then i guess it could be confusing. If you have D3s traveling you just do the math and check them in 24 hours before departure. You dont have any advantage by being in any time zone. 6 am PST is 6 am PST, 8 pm EST is 8 pm EST no matter where you may be. I guess from that perspective DOH is easier.

you check in for the flight 24 hours before departure. Period. Ive never really thought of the time change issue, that is usually an issue if your checking in for D3s (and they are several time zones away) when you are traveling, your usually in the same time zone 24 hours before your departure. If your a crew member i guess its not so complicated, if not then i guess it could be confusing. If you have D3s traveling you just do the math and check them in 24 hours before departure. You dont have any advantage by being in any time zone. 6 am PST is 6 am PST, 8 pm EST is 8 pm EST no matter where you may be. I guess from that perspective DOH is easier.

Yup. DOH is easier...Seems to work very well at UA...

At AA we check in on line 24 hours before departure, it was 4 hours before departure for years. It was changed a couple of years ago. I prefer the first come first serve, one reason is everything else is based on seniority so at least the junior people get a shot at getting on. My partner works for another airline that boards DOH, we usually travel use them (UA) they have a better network to Europe especially since the CO merger. Hes not that senior but because of the many different options we usually get First or Business.UA has EWR with about 35-40 cities in Europe, you can also go thru IAD or ORD with lots of widebodies. I hope if we do merge that we keep all of US's European destinations. But it depends on which mgmt takes over. When AA bought TWA they immediately discontinued almost all of the European flights, so unless our mgmnt changes or Parker takes over im sure AA will start cutting routes like crazy. AA loves to give most of our European routes to BA thru LHR. I like the AA first come first serve better. Especially for Europe ,since our network is smaller (except for LHR)

Seems interesting to me that you prefer FCFS (so that "junior people get a shot at getting on"), but you mostly fly on a DOH airline (UA) - which is an airline where you can non-rev in first for free which is something that is not possible on AA until AAfter 25 years of service...

Very interesting indeed...especially given that even though your partner is "not that senior" you still make your flights on DOH UA. I would then suggest that with DOH "junior people get a shot at getting on" (seems to happen a lot for you and your partner at UA). And also based on what you say, not only do the "not that senior" UA non-revs get on with DOH in place at UA, they often get on in first...for free.

Interesting...

Seems interesting to me that you prefer FCFS (so that "junior people get a shot at getting on"), but you mostly fly on a DOH airline (UA) - which is an airline where you can non-rev in first for free which is something that is not possible on AA until AAfter 25 years of service...

Very interesting indeed...especially given that even though your partner is "not that senior" you still make your flights on DOH UA. I would then suggest that with DOH "junior people get a shot at getting on" (seems to happen a lot for you and your partner at UA). And also based on what you say, not only do the "not that senior" UA non-revs get on with DOH in place at UA, they often get on in first...for free.

Interesting...
You may also find it interesting that if/when we vote on the boarding issue I will vote for FCFS, but about why I'm flying UA over AA in Europe, have you seen AAs European network? Its pitiful, bottom line is AA doesn't go where we need to go in Europe. We have an apt in a city where AA doesn't fly, neither does US so I will continue flying UA in the meantime. And yes UA does give us free vacation passes but what does that have to do with DOH or FCFS? I hope we get as break on our pass charges but that still does not have anything to do with boarding priority. Also even after the merger we are still smaller in Europe then UA and AA/US don't fly where we need to go. Maybe that will change but we will wait and see. I agree AA gouges us on the pass charges, but maybe that will be one of the few pluses in the merger.

After the merger the non rev programs we have in place now will be replaced with the ADDITIONAL REVENUE SYSTEM. The add rev sys will do away with seniority and FCFS rules and simply award open seats to the highest bidder at departure time.

Boarding should be by seniority, the way that everything else SHOULD be. If you are unhappy with your seniority, you should have applied for the job sooner.

Rogue.....

so what you are syaing is that i had to be born a long time a go then.... i dont kno what ur DOH is but if it is 30+ or close to it thats not fair bc i am only 25 years old. so please tell me how i could get hired when my mom and dad were in high school?

After the merger the non rev programs we have in place now will be replaced with the ADDITIONAL REVENUE SYSTEM. The add rev sys will do away with seniority and FCFS rules and simply award open seats to the highest bidder at departure time.

hahahaha good idea for raise $$$$ haha but not going to happen lol

Yup. DOH is easier...Seems to work very well at UA...
yes it works well at UA because for example they would have 3 IAD-FRA 1700, 1800, 2100, or from ORD same thing 3 ORD-FRA similar times. Im not talking about about 767s. Its 777s and occasionaly a 747, You don't get the first one you have back ups. Neither AA or US have that kind of frequencies even to LHR AA gives too much to BA. Now after the merger with CO things are more spread out with EWR and IAH and CO using 757s so not as good as it was but still more options. Had nothing to do with DOH. When your talking about Europe we will still be behind UA as far as non rev options. How many wide body's does US have? How many 3 class?

yes it works well at UA because for example they would have 3 IAD-FRA 1700, 1800, 2100, or from ORD same thing 3 ORD-FRA similar times. Im not talking about about 767s. Its 777s and occasionaly a 747, You don't get the first one you have back ups. Neither AA or US have that kind of frequencies even to LHR AA gives too much to BA. Now after the merger with CO things are more spread out with EWR and IAH and CO using 757s so not as good as it was but still more options. Had nothing to do with DOH. When your talking about Europe we will still be behind UA as far as non rev options. How many wide body's does US have? How many 3 class?

Sounds like you need to apply w/ UA!

Sounds like a great idea....EBay-on-the-Concourse. As long as they don't place a reserve and allow bids of zero, it might work. It would definitely be interesting to watch.

I, of course, will have purchased a dirt-cheap ticket, be onboard and miss the show.

Back