Non Rev policies after merger?

Just list on both flights and check-in as soon as possible on both flights
Check-in or get someone at the airport to check you in as soon as possible ????????

Why do the pilots and F/A go by DOH instead of FCFS for the jumpseat

America West Management will take the worst of AAs travel benefits, the worst of US benefits and slap'em in your face.

That's what they did with the bennies when they merged AWA and US.

Reactions: 1 person
Just list on both flights and check-in as soon as possible on both flights
Check-in or get someone at the airport to check you in as soon as possible ????????

Why do the pilots and F/A go by DOH instead of FCFS for the jumpseat
The only way to have someone check you in other than a gate agent is to give them your computer id and password--a termination offense. You can check in up to 24 hours in advance of scheduled departure. You could not check in for the second flight until that 24 hour window passes. You will already have been checked in for some time for the first flight. Not even a gate agent can check you in more than 24 hours in advance of scheduled departure. Listing for both flights is a violation of policy and just muddies the waters as far as loads. And, by the way, will do you no good. You will be listed for the first flight and will roll over to the second flight, end of discussion. In fact, I think that if they find you have listed and checked in for both flights, they can (don't say they will, but they can) remove both of your listings for violation of travel policy.

Oh, and if you give your id and password to someone else to check you in because you will be at 30,000 feet when the 24 hour window opens, they have a computer program that tracks that. If they can show that there is no possible way for you to have been at a computer checking yourself in because you were on duty in the unfriendly skies, it can also be a termination offense. Because of the number of flight attendants and pilots who commute, don't expect either union to go to bat for you seriously. Cheating is cheating.

The pilots have their own way of doing things. When there are more than one standing by for the cockpit jumpseat, yes I believe they do go by DOH. Flight attendants go strictly by check in time even for the jumpseat. Anyone who tells you differently doesn't know what they are talking about. Trust me, I commuted for 6 years. We are listed on the standby list by check-in time, and f/a jumpseats are assigned just like a cabin seat.

America West Management will take the worst of AAs travel benefits, the worst of US benefits and slap'em in your face.

That's what they did with the bennies when they merged AWA and US.
They will pick whatever will generate the most revenue for the company, and probably get a bonus for doing so.

I have heard of programs that will auto check-in at the exact time

Wow flight attendant jumpseat goes by FCFS

So you can only list for one flight and your dependent can not use the NRSA site

Yeah. So? There is not a separate NRSA site that can be accessed directly from the Web. It is a sub-site off of Jetnet which is the employee computer portal. There are other things on that website intended for employees only. That's one of the reasons--computer security being another--why non-employees are not allowed on the site.

When one checks-in the connection is check-in as well depending on the time zone one could be disadvantaged or advantaged.

The way AA does it is fair. Lets say you are traveling with fellow workers with different seniority. You all check in at the same time so you end up being on the list in sequence.
The flight is tight and all of a sudden a more senior person shows up 15 minutes prior to departure. That persons seniority could slot him or her between your group of non revs on the list. Now it is possible that everyone in your group does not get on. There goes your trip with your friends from work. Americans way is better because it allows a employee to be more responsible in showing up as early as possible. You want to fly then get their early.

Reading over the post I find it amusing that those with the least seniority prefer FCFS......Seniority is all we have in this business anymore, if its ok for employee intergration, it should be used for travel purposes also!!!

Reading over the post I find it amusing that those with the least seniority prefer FCFS......Seniority is all we have in this business anymore, if its ok for employee intergration, it should be used for travel purposes also!!!
Hear Hear!!!

Latest posts