IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO , cheap suites should never have been allowed at the neg table due to the fact
he set's on the UA board. who;s best interest does he have in mind? The iam should
have assigned another neg from the outside of 141. Alot of flim flam, and the latest
rule making about Delaney's status totally blows. It's time for change..................

It is amazing how you IAM lackies stretch the truth and twist things around. I would think that he resigned his post because Canale is interpreting the bylaws to his advantage. I think he is still running for Canale's job in June which will be a landslide in Delaney's favor. The Canale IAM and all his lackies should be investigated for the crooked ways they have been handling things since they started representing Fleet Service. Keep getting us inferior wages and benefits and then have the ba!!s to raise your dues over and over and over. We should be sueing them for misrepresentation. We have a contract with them to look out for the best interests of the membership and they have failed miserably. No matter what the outcome of this vote we need to get rid of these crooks. If you think that the IAM is going to represent you any better if this POS is voted in and comes up for renewal your in for a big surprise. This union is crooked all the way up to the top. The higher officials know what Canale is doing and they let it happen, crooked as he is. This is not a union but an organization of company backed thieves raping their membership. You will never get anything but sucka$$ contracts because alot of you are weak and submissive.

Our motto should be "Bend over and shove it deep because we are all a bunch of (Canale) sheep"
I'll probably get kicked off but I'm so tired of the blind on this forum.
I think everyone should go and check out the delaneyrevealed site since it just spreads the same type ofl lies we are used to from Randy. Obviously Randy still think we are dumb because we work the ramp. Check out the antidelaney website for a good picture of the character of Randy Canale. The United Airline Board Member is not only trying to get by a contract that screws fleet for United, but he is also screwing over all the United guys and gals. United is just as strong as US AIRWAYS against Randy.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

isthisok you are dead on the money bro dead on

b737200 if anyones doesnt see that as a conflict of interest they are a d**m fool imo

wtf clt lol love the douchebag reference you and I must know each other

DF,

You still did not answer the questions put to you for an answer. So I will try this again.

Question 1.

Why did the IAM stop section 6 for the West to pursue a Transition agerrment. To the detriment of our West brothers and sisters. Why were they not done in concert together. I am sure all of our West brothers and sisters would love to hear you answer.

Question 2.

Why, after 2 years of stalled negotiations, and record profits, should we accept a substandard and concessionary T/A just to appease the company. The did not want to come to us during those 2 years of profitability now did they. And just FYI, the last T/A was voted down because it was, like this one is, a GREAT BIG POS!

So please DF, answer these questions without the company spin.

Thanks

DF,

You still did not answer the questions put to you for an answer. So I will try this again.

Question 1.

Why did the IAM stop section 6 for the West to pursue a Transition agerrment. To the detriment of our West brothers and sisters. Why were they not done in concert together. I am sure all of our West brothers and sisters would love to hear you answer.

Question 2.

Why, after 2 years of stalled negotiations, and record profits, should we accept a substandard and concessionary T/A just to appease the company. The did not want to come to us during those 2 years of profitability now did they. And just FYI, the last T/A was voted down because it was, like this one is, a GREAT BIG POS!

So please DF, answer these questions without the company spin.

Thanks
Question 1
It's hard to negotiate section 6 if a company is refusing to do so. Our west members indicated to us through their leadership that the west would rather join the east in a transition agreement instead of continuing the section 6 talks which could have dragged on for a few more years. This TA is a direct result of M & A activity and it is crucial for your company that it draws the necessary investment.

Question 2
I won't disagree that this Tentative comes up short. I think I have been very clear that nobody is impressed with this Tentative. Randy himself was also clear about this. However, you need to realize that your company practices cost neutral bargaining and is in the midst of a merger. The company wanted language to contract out almost all of the west stations because no merger partner wants to sign on to a contract that restricts it from outsourcing many of those small markets. However, we were successful in gaining protection for those stations for an additional 3 years.
It would have been destructive if we held out for better wages & benefits. It makes sense to position your company for a merger so you can be in position for traditional negotiations in 2011. US AIRWAYS recognized our position and rewarded all of our members with wage relief. The west will finally receive much needed wage relief.

When you're voting, think merger. A rejection could very well close the opportunity you have to be a part of perhaps the world's biggest airline. Signed labor contracts are crucial to investors. A ratification gives you a wage boost and positions most of you for traditional bargaining in 2011. Once in section 6, I could imagine that your wages and benefits would jump to industry standards.

I have been very honest with you since the beginning. I have told you that oil was going to be high and that you should have voted in the September tentative. Now I'm telling you that a ratification will position you for 2011 where we can finally begin traditional negotiations.

And before others start complaining of my views, I will say one more time, the mechanics are skilled labor and the industry forced your company to give them a big wage hike. Fleet service is not skilled so don't compare apples with oranges. A great percentage of you are college kids and this is only a second job. Compare $19 with the wage down the street and the local factory and I bet $19 is alot higher.

Question 1
It's hard to negotiate section 6 if a company is refusing to do so. Our west members indicated to us through their leadership that the west would rather join the east in a transition agreement instead of continuing the section 6 talks which could have dragged on for a few more years. This TA is a direct result of M & A activity and it is crucial for your company that it draws the necessary investment.

Question 2
I won't disagree that this Tentative comes up short. I think I have been very clear that nobody is impressed with this Tentative. Randy himself was also clear about this. However, you need to realize that your company practices cost neutral bargaining and is in the midst of a merger. The company wanted language to contract out almost all of the west stations because no merger partner wants to sign on to a contract that restricts it from outsourcing many of those small markets. However, we were successful in gaining protection for those stations for an additional 3 years.
It would have been destructive if we held out for better wages & benefits. It makes sense to position your company for a merger so you can be in position for traditional negotiations in 2011. US AIRWAYS recognized our position and rewarded all of our members with wage relief. The west will finally receive much needed wage relief.

When you're voting, think merger. A rejection could very well close the opportunity you have to be a part of perhaps the world's biggest airline. Signed labor contracts are crucial to investors. A ratification gives you a wage boost and positions most of you for traditional bargaining in 2011. Once in section 6, I could imagine that your wages and benefits would jump to industry standards.

I have been very honest with you since the beginning. I have told you that oil was going to be high and that you should have voted in the September tentative. Now I'm telling you that a ratification will position you for 2011 where we can finally begin traditional negotiations.

And before others start complaining of my views, I will say one more time, the mechanics are skilled labor and the industry forced your company to give them a big wage hike. Fleet service is not skilled so don't compare apples with oranges. A great percentage of you are college kids and this is only a second job. Compare $19 with the wage down the street and the local factory and I bet $19 is alot higher.

Speking of skilled labor?
Where do you fit in.....are youskill labor for the IAM NC..........?

DF,

Again, WHY? should Fleet Service BOW DOWN to the company now? Like I said 2 years of record profits and they were not willing to negotiate during those times. Now with the "impending merger" we should just accept a SUBSTANDARD AND CONCESSIONARY T/A? For what? Fleet Service will not hold up any M&A activity. And with the rumor mill being what it is, why would we give up bargaining power when UA's CBA is ammendable at the SAME TIME as ours? What strength in numbers we would have then. Maybee this would pass if there was no extension, but as I see it, I will advise any who ask me to VOTE NO! So instead uf sticking up for the company, why don't you stick up for the members that PAY YOUR SALARY! Why do you think that alot of call the IAM the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT? Did you ever think about that? Speak for the members not the company.

Who exactly from the West advised that a transition would be better than section 6. At least with section 6, a strike is possible right? Unlike transition negotiations. Once again, siding with the company.

Question 1

Question 2

i don't know who you are , but if your one of our elected representatives thank god for you! Pal you got my vote in june!

Who exactly from the West advised that a transition would be better than section 6. At least with section 6, a strike is possible right? Unlike transition negotiations. Once again, siding with the company.

The same people who advised them the payoff the TWU instead of letting us exercise our democratic right to choose.

Some things are just too important to allow the common people choose for themselves.

I am sure we will more shenanigans with the upcoming election

Ok, I am going to call Bull $h_t on this. Who is really going to reap the benefits of this merger? It will be Parker and his crew and Tilton and his people. They are going to walk away from this merger with “Tens of Millions of Dollars†personally, from stock options and their COC in their contracts!

I can see it now;

(so on and so forth ----Underestimating the intelligence of our management )

So the point I am trying to make is that this merger is not going to be stopped because of the COC and the refusal of the POS TA. Parker and Tilton will not forgo their “Tens of Millions of Dollarsâ€, because they wouldn’t give us another week of vacation, full sick time, all our Holidays back, overtime and not contracting out those 19 stations. Ask yourselves, “ would you give up your Tens of Millions of Dollars for those itemsâ€? We have already heard what some will give up for $4 more an hour.

Just my opinion…but they will be back at the table.

The COC is worth zip , i'll post my lengthy explanation again where I dissect the arbiters decision and explain why it’s no good .. perhaps you didn’t bother to read it … once you really LOOK at the arbiters decision , it’s kind of like ,oh wow …

You underestimate our management , and you OVERESTIMATE the importance of fleet .. are we part of the company ? yes . are we super vital ? no , just another part …

I can’t believe that you honestly think the COC which we LOST ,, read that again LOST is going to hold up another merger …. did I mention that when we merged we LOST the change of control in the arbiters decision ?

Do you have some sort of three strikes your out rule with the COC ? lol

Question 2
I won't disagree that this Tentative comes up short. I think I have been very clear that nobody is impressed with this Tentative. Randy himself was also clear about this.

Reason to vote NO. EVERYONE recognizes this T.A. sucks! Why would anyone willingly buy into something substandard? Not a hard equation folks. I mentioned this in a previous post sometime ago... we have been managing on what we make, albeit we NEED a raise, and if we were THAT bad off, we would be seeking a higher paying job elsewhere.

Don't buy into the political side of this T.A. (which far outweighs the compassionate side of it for the 7700 employees that it will affect.) Reference other posters when this T.A. is designed for EVERYTHING other than the workers it will represent... Send this piece of garbage to the circular filing cabinet..FILE it under T for trash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts