IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know with all the merger talk going on with these big mega airlines and there dominating hubs out west I would be very concerned about my job security about now! Last thing on my mind would be giving that away just for a fast raise I may not have a job in the near future. US western hubs would become a slaughter house on fleet service for a combined merger with UA or AA.

But heck what do I know I've only lived thru several mergers and seen thousands of workers screwed with.

Freedom
Lets see if I have got this right.

Your saying the COC is worthless because it was written to apply towards the sell of US Airways stock under

the stock symbol of U. Since that stock (U) was cancelled and no longer exists that the same COC

does not apply to the new stock that was issued under the new stock symbol of LCC. Is this the basis of

your standing towards the COC?

Freedom…

Don’t you think this COC debate has been settled? Even your… messiah…
Distract Farce, has repeatedly stated the reason we are in talks is because of this language.

We, Branch Nelosians… are always accused of beating a dead horse…
Look’s like you’re tha one beatin’!

Roa, Had you guys may as well be talking to a beltloader once he backed voting for DF that told me all I needed to know

I certainly hope that if this contract is voted down that PHX will stop telegraphing weakness to the company and stop its crying and develop some leadership and join in with the rest of the system.

Tim,

I take offense to that remark. I have always been a leader in PHX and I am not crying or weak. I have a different opinion than you. Is it right or wrong? Believe me, there are a good solid 75 people here in PHX who I feel are knowledgable on Union matters and getting better everyday.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

You know with all the merger talk going on with these big mega airlines and there dominating hubs out west I would be very concerned about my job security about now! Last thing on my mind would be giving that away just for a fast raise I may not have a job in the near future. US western hubs would become a slaughter house on fleet service for a combined merger with UA or AA.

But heck what do I know I've only lived thru several mergers and seen thousands of workers screwed with.
It is self evident that either AA or UA is going to buy US. Unless something drastic happens, UA will announce a merger with US the 3rd week of May. My sources are very solid on this.
That being said, the $19 is not due till next year so I doubt many in PHX even see the $19. Imagine that, most unions sign retro, but canale has found a way to flip that and allow any new wage to be delivered in the future. The only thing retro in this contract is bringing us back retroactively to 1995 wages. Of course, the union bosses positive space travel snaps in at date of signing.

As aside, the IAM's Brickner was a VP for this district and ran for AGC but didn't have to step down. In a twisted way, Canale's desperation move of kicking Delaney out of office has further doomed any support he has. Canale's action has shown the members that we finally have someone who is willing to represent us even if it meant losing his $120,000 job. Canale can't hold Delaney's jockstrap.
regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Contract Update: COS screwed again

In an effort to limit the No votes and increase yes votes, Team 2008 is attemtping to take this vote hostage by allowing only PHX to vote on the property as a hub but then 'restricting' some small stations which are No's. PF will not allow COS to vote in station so the COS voters must drive 2 hours to DEN for their vote to count.
Unfortunately, Team 2008 is doing everything they can to put their nose in this contract outcome.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I certainly hope that if this contract is voted down that PHX will stop telegraphing weakness to the company and stop its crying and develop some leadership and join in with the rest of the system.

Tim,

I take offense to that remark. I have always been a leader in PHX and I am not crying or weak. I have a different opinion than you. Is it right or wrong? Believe me, there are a good solid 75 people here in PHX who I feel are knowledgable on Union matters and getting better everyday.

Respectfully,

P. REZ
Sorry P, glad you took offense to it but it wasn't directed towards you. My point was that if this contract is voted down that the PHX negotiator, presumably RR till the end of June, stop his 'hissy fits' in negotiations. After June, I presume a transiton negotiations team will be established and CL will be a welcomed additon over RR. I know CL supports a yes vote but he at least has the respect of the east, and RR doesn't.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim,

Thanks, there will be many more times that I agree and disagree with you and other Union leaders, but in the end I am for the good of the Union and its members.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

Contract Update: COS screwed again

In an effort to limit the No votes and increase yes votes, Team 2008 is attemtping to take this vote hostage by allowing only PHX to vote on the property as a hub but then 'restricting' some small stations which are No's. PF will not allow COS to vote in station so the COS voters must drive 2 hours to DEN for their vote to count.
Unfortunately, Team 2008 is doing everything they can to put their nose in this contract outcome.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Its a sad state of our union when the district "leaders" care more about themselves than the entire membership. To allow only a select few to vote on the property while disallowing other members the same right smells of how they will stoop to any end. Fainess is not in a word they understand. If one hub votes on the property all should vote on the property its that simple. To have a station like COS drive 2 hours to vote is insane! I'm sure other small stations are getting hosed over like COS.

Great Job Boys really know how to show america how the "IAM is for fairness!" (BS statement)

this whole situation screams for lawyers and lawsuits "Cheap suits" DF do the letters FO mean anything to you?

Districtforce and other IAM leadership,

Tell me it isn't so that COS employees have to drive to DEN to vote? Hey, I am a yes vote but believe that everyone should be able to vote in their respective station. If this TA goes down I blame you as leaders for pulling some of the Bulls**t I've seen the last couple of days.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

P. Rez we can't vote in station at CLT we have to go a couple miles away this is the kind of crooks running this train wreck

naturally they know what we are going to do here

Does anyone know if the West contract allows for pay while off for family FMLA? I believe I read that it did but don't have a copy anymore. That would be just one more thing that the west would be losing in this T/A or by going to the East's crap contract.

Funny thing we are debating getting rid of Change in Control but Parker and Tilton are all set to cash out!

CNN.money clipped article

But Tilton stands to get $11.9 million in compensation if there is a change in control at United, the company said in a regulatory filing Friday. The amount is based on UAL's stock price at the end of 2007.

United is widely believed to be working toward joining with either Continental Airlines Inc. or US Airways Group Inc. as airline industry consolidation steps up in the face of the slowing economy and spiking fuel prices.

Tilton's base salary in 2007 was $850,000, up 24 percent from the previous year. He also received $422,425 in non-equity incentive plan compensation and $155,968 in other compensation, The Associated Press calculations of total pay include executives salary, bonus, incentives, perks, above-market returns on deferred compensation and the estimated value of stock options and awards granted during the year.

Remember the company wants you to believe COC is worth nothing Right? Why then eliminate the language?

Answer........Parker Heminway know its worth something just ask District Force he knows.

LEVERAGE we got it right now and were talking about giving it up with a major merger coming.....is fleet service nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.