IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom what part of a bankrupt COC ruling and a merger between two companies with good stock being different do you not understand? I guess you know more than the company lawyers who want it out

nevermind your endoresment of District Force proves you have ZERO credibility don't waste your time on some nonsense COC explanation

Reason to vote NO. EVERYONE recognizes this T.A. sucks! Why would anyone willingly buy into something substandard? Not a hard equation folks. I mentioned this in a previous post sometime ago... we have been managing on what we make, albeit we NEED a raise, and if we were THAT bad off, we would be seeking a higher paying job elsewhere.

Don't buy into the political side of this T.A. (which far outweighs the compassionate side of it for the 7700 employees that it will affect.) Reference other posters when this T.A. is designed for EVERYTHING other than the workers it will represent... Send this piece of garbage to the circular filing cabinet..FILE it under T for trash!!
It comes down to time BAG …. We could send it back and keep negotiating for years , but you have to FACTOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME vs the RAISE you’ll get in spending the time to pursue it …

If we negotiate for 3 more years to get a top out of 20 dollars and we end up with 3 more holidays and sick days … will all of the money that we could have been making had we ratified this have been worth it ?

This is our lives bag , and no, many of us can NO LONGER make it on these wages … if the whole world were standing still then yes we could , but it’s not , you and I and everyone on here knows the price of EVERYTHING is going up higher and higher each day… those of you in the NO crowd want to chance that we will see something better , but that’s a very big risk to a lot of us …

A lot of you no folk are the same ones who turned down the last TA to pursue the COC in court .. while some of you did think the last TA was bad , the majority of you voted it down because someone filled your heads up with dreams of 20 k back pay checks …

If I threw a hundred dollars into the middle of quick sand would you wade right in to get it ? That’s what I would call foolish hope , and many of you are demonstrating to me foolish hope … you keep thinking your gonna get everything you want , meanwhile the entire economy sinks around you , but you keep thinking “just a little more , just a little further , I almost have it “ …. By the time you get what you want it will be too late and you’ll all be screwed ..

Freedom what part of a bankrupt COC ruling and a merger between two companies with good stock being different do you not understand? I guess you know more than the company lawyers who want it out

nevermind your endoresment of District Force proves you have ZERO credibility don't waste your time on some nonsense COC explanation

the bargained language requires the sale of common stock, which is further
Specified as “then outstanding common stockâ€￾

and breath ......... take a few seconds to read .... breath .......

In this case, however, all “then outstanding stockâ€￾ of the US
Airways Group that had existed prior to the Company’s emergence from
bankruptcy was cancelled.

TA DA!!! your COC is worthless as far as a stock swap goes ....

i won't repost my entire explination , but feel free to check my post ...

Post 326 on page 33 :shock:

Freedom,

I hear your side of things loud and clear. I actually agree with you on some points. Everything is going up, up, and more up. Just filled up the tank today. $3.80 a gallon at the ARCO (least expensive in So. CAL). Dude, I need a raise, too. What I am not gonna do is buy into the Canale-designed T.A. (which with a few lines changed is the same POS we had last FALL) and let the axe fall all over us. Sure, I could vote yes, get myself my raise, than hit the streets when they outsource my station.

I realize times are a changin' ... Fleet workers in small stations will be a thing of the past in my opinion not too far down the road. It simply isn't cost effective anymore. I see this. Hubs and large-ops stations are the only place we will see Fleet workers within the not too distant future. I already am planning on where I can relocate to.

If this T.A. were purely designed to benefit the 7700 Fleet Workers at USAirways, then we might see a majority YES vote, but the sad perception is that it is designed to benefit everyone BUT the 7700 Fleet Service workers in the event of a merger.

okay Mr Attorney why do they want it out?? why are they talking with us to start with?
it's reassuring what a fine example of unionism you are sell your brothers and sisters out as long as you get yours

okay Mr Attorney why do they want it out?? why are they talking with us to start with?
it's reassuring what a fine example of unionism you are sell your brothers and sisters out as long as you get yours

what do they want ? hmmm i'm not sure .....oh wait yes i am, it's the 18 field stations ... THE 18 FIELD STATIONS...

One of which i can assume your in bag chucker... well i can't blame you for being a no vote , and i can't blame you for fighting as hard as you can either ...

i sort of agree with your theory about the unions retreating to the hubs ... but i think the reason for that is due to lack of union participation , at least within fleet anyways …. We’re really a very weak union when you think about it … most of us on the message board do this for a living , this is our career , yet how sad is it that at least half our work force who does the same job we do (most likely not for a living ) doesn’t give a rats ass about any of this ….

This is what’s killing us ….

Cltrat , I’m doing the smart thing …. You guys on the other hand are gambling … I hate gambling …

Exactly. You just made our point. The stock was CANCELLED due to BK. Therefore it was WORTHLESS! Are we in BK now? Will our stock be cancelled? Answer. No we are not in BK. And our stock will not be cancelled. There will be an exchange of stock. The only question is who buys who.

And freedom,

Again with the FLIP-FLOP on field stations. 1 day it is "take the money and run", and the next you are shouting "NO OUTSOURCING". I wish you would make up your mind and pick one or the other and stick to it already.

Exactly. You just made our point. The stock was CANCELLED due to BK. Therefore it was WORTHLESS! Are we in BK now? Will our stock be cancelled? Answer. No we are not in BK. And our stock will not be cancelled. There will be an exchange of stock. The only question is who buys who.

no , read my entire post on the matter ....

notice how the abriter bolded OUTSTANDING stock , that was the stock that you could have used to trigged the COC , but now my friend ... it's GONE ... new stock has been issued .... NEW stock ...

but as the COMPANY AND UNION both agreed on the common law terms of the word STOCK .... well then you get THEN OUTSTANDING STOCK ...

and it's gone , gone , gone ....

Who exactly from the West advised that a transition would be better than section 6. At least with section 6, a strike is possible right? Unlike transition negotiations. Once again, siding with the company.

I'd like to know that too. I don't know anyone that would rather have the East agreement over Section 6 for the West. Now opinions are changing due to how long it's been, but when we merged there was not much support for the East contract.

PRIOR TO THE COMPANY'S EMERGENCE FROM BANKRUPTCY

Are we in BK now? Do we have "outstanding" stock now? I will agree that we disagree. IMHO the company wants it out for a reason, otherwise it would still be in the T/A. We are the only group left on the property with this still in our CBA. Why want it out if it is "worthless"? We just have differing opinions.

PRIOR TO THE COMPANY'S EMERGENCE FROM BANKRUPTCY

Are we in BK now? Do we have "outstanding" stock now? I will agree that we disagree. IMHO the company wants it out for a reason, otherwise it would still be in the T/A. We are the only group left on the property with this still in our CBA. Why want it out if it is "worthless"? We just have differing opinions.

the only difference is my opinion is based on the arbiters decision , while yours is just your own ...

the only difference is my opinion is based on the arbiters decision , while yours is just your own ...

I am using that same decision. "PRIOR TO THE EMERGENCE FROM BK". Is that not what he stated. BTW it was for the CANCELLED stock ONLY. NOT THE REISSUED STOCK.

Are we in BK now?

As is your opinion. Its your own.

BTW what is an arbiter?

I would like to know who in the west would rather transition over section 6 negotiations. NOT ME District force.

Respectfully, P. REZ

I would like to know who in the west would rather transition over section 6 negotiations. NOT ME District force.

Respectfully, P. REZ

I believe that the IAM wanted transition instead of section 6, not the West members! :down: <_< :shock:

I am using that same decision. "PRIOR TO THE EMERGENCE FROM BK". Is that not what he stated.

Are we in BK now?

As is your opinion. Its your own.

BTW what is an arbiter?
PJ, don't waste your breathe. I have no idea why anyone would want to pay dues and be union if they are going to bail out everytime the company puts a little heat on them.

Everyone sez this contract blows. EVERYONE. This isn't about bankruptcy or anything else, this is about voting for a contract that blows and has been tabbed the "APRIL FOOLS" contract, or voting NO and believing in the reason why we are all union to begin with, i.e., we want fairness and justice.

I have a good feeling that this contract will be rejected but there will be many who will support the company screwing fleet service over and voting for it. Each bankruptcy contract fleet service got screwed over more than other groups [see 60 day rule and other IAM exclusives], and those who voted yes are the main ones complaining now and begging for us all to vote yes.

I certainly hope that if this contract is voted down that PHX will stop telegraphing weakness to the company and stop its crying and develop some leadership and join in with the rest of the system.

To LAS, your leadership is impressive and offers the foresight needed to represent workers so that they will be better positioned in the upcoming merger. Make no mistake, if this contract gets in then much much much will be lost in a merger and many will not be around in a couple few years.

This isn't a transition contract it is a merger contract with United on YOUR side of the table

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.