IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
df,
"Question 1
It's hard to negotiate section 6 if a company is refusing to do so. Our west members indicated to us through their leadership that the west would rather join the east in a transition agreement instead of continuing the section 6 talks which could have dragged on for a few more years. This TA is a direct result of M & A activity and it is crucial for your company that it draws the necessary investment."

lets break this down.

1. since when does the company control sec 6. YOU put them on notice if they refuse you move to the next step.. WEAK VERY WEAK
2. since when have you listened to the membership. NEVER. IF your taking RR word for it . thats a joke . HE'S looking at getting a VP position out of this. so of course he is going to say what you want to hear.. Again WEAK VERY WEAK .
3. funny the T/A supposedly was worked out last jun-jul. HMMMMMMMMM NO M/A activity going on then.

DF. I love when you come on here because . each day you go deeper and deeper into your B/S

WTF,
VERY GOOD points. Bravo.
fuzz you see how hard it is to deal with the company on a T/A what makes you think DOOOOOOOOOWN the road they are going
to be any different. THE FIGHT IS NOW ... by the way . If your struggling now with gas prices. and such what do you
think you will doing 2 to 3 yrs from now at 19.00 hr . and inflation continues to go up and we will be behind the curve on that
I'll tell ya . You'll be struggling and bitching at 19.00 hr because it will worth about 15 to 16 dollars in todays economy
Well lets see 2 to 3 years I will be making close to 20 plus I think.
As far as how will I be doing its called budgeting just like most people.
Just trying to make a living like everyone else.
If we are left out of any merger becasue we turn this down we will all be hurting and not just the west and class 2. I also think our protection in this deal outweighs anything we have in our current deal. If M/R felt they were losing something they never would have voted in theres.
They are a much stronger group than ours and they saw what needed to be done.

Once again I see a theme on here that troubles me with all you no votes.
This is not about Canale. Its about our future and where we can go from here.
This vote needs to come down to the merits of this agreement and if you really think there is something better out there. I dont see it, and I still have not seen anyone offer up anything that would make this such a better deal without tradeoffs that most would not like.
Yes we all should understand that there are always tradeoffs in bargining even Tim should understand this.
I feel our NC did the best they could do under very difficult circumstances with what we have seen in our industry the past few months.
2 weeks from tonight I hope we can all come together and see this as a positive step forward for everyone.
That would be with a yes vote.

The class 2's were mostly yes last time. Approx 600 out of 5300 are class 2, or 10%.

Freedom, your opinion is as valid as mine at this time but I can assure you that PHL will bring in more No's this time [due to more flexible voting hours] since it only had a 50% turnout last time.
CLT is a definate No and the differential should be very strong.
OTOH, only PHX is a super strong yes. LAS is a yes but I doubt LAS votes more than 60% Yes, might be a split. 19 stations are depending on which station you're talking about. Some are 100% yes, some are 100% no.

At any rate, it's way too early to start polling. My plan is to get a 90% no vote systemwide.

The good thing is that this will be done democratically. So time will tell. I'm thankful Randy gave us 4 weeks to bring out the facts.

West Lies and MR comments

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
Tim, just curious where you get your philly info from. I'm from philly and the word here is at best split 50/50. even some of the most steadfast no votes last time say they are tired of the fight and are voting yes. Just curious.

They have their ears and eyes closed so they refuse to recognie the merger protections of the COC and its leverage that Hemenway wants to take. They are only the few, mostly in PHX.
As you know Dirt, CLT will be a solid No. PHL will get more No's than last time.

I'll have to give RR some credit in PHX for having the political muscle to have the PHX vote at the airport for Randy and Team 2008. PHX is the one hub that gets to vote at the airport like they did last time. It biases things but the west doesn't have the numbers.

PHL and CLT will deliver again. The leadership of PHL and CLT are solidly behind a rejection.
Canale will be eliminated and fleet will be positioned to get treated with respect like the mechanics and non-union workers at Continental. Not until fleet is treated with dignity and respect will Hemenway get a fleet contract. PHX doesn't realize it but they will benefit in the end.

Western Lies from its misleader

regards,
Tim Nelson
tim, again where is your info coming from? i have talked to the leadership in philly and all they keep saying is to make the best decision for yourself. they arent saying to vote either way.

''p2b''- lets' hear some of the names you hear might be 50/50......
May 01st maybe the only people supporting this thing will be the same
ones' as last time.......agc.PF, reps, GS and maybe BW thats it......if you
recognize the initials....now tell me who else and these guys may not even
show up.........GS is ready to be showed the door, like JH because he lacks
the groups interests.....I hope your not part of this and if not talk to people.

Thanks

the groups interests.....I hope your not part of this and if not talk to people.

Thanks
have not talked to pf but have talked with both gs and bw. THEY BOTH HAVE TAKEN THE STANCE TO VOTE WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU..they have said to get as much correct info as you can and then vote whichever way you feel is best. I have talked to senior people in the fishbowl and catering all of whom were extremely outspoken against it last time and the feeling isnt entirely the same this time. i also have heard but not spoken to, bbut most junior agents are voting yes. I AM SORRY I CANT GIVE NAMES ON THIS BOARD FOR OBVIOUS REASONS BUT YOU CAN GIVE ME YOURS AND I WILL TALK TO YOU IN PERSON ANYTIME YOU WOULD LIKE.

Thanks

I'm hearing the vote will be alot closer than you think thats all. Im not saying certain people are 50/50 Im saying the vote itself will be alot closer than last time. From what i hear your info isnt even close right now . Not that you wont be right on the 8th of may. but right now you are not .

P. Rez we can't vote in station at CLT we have to go a couple miles away this is the kind of crooks running this train wreck

naturally they know what we are going to do here
Bylaws state you vote where you hold your meetings, and the company doesnt allow you to vote at the airport.

Bylaws state you vote where you hold your meetings, and the company doesnt allow you to vote at the airport.
unless you're in PHX where the company says its okay since they have an ideal how you'll vote just another example how crooked the I'll Ask Management/company people are

p2p talking to a former PHL agaent here he doesnt seem to share your opinion
as for jr agents why would anyone with less than 9 years even consider voting for this pos

For you 1st year new hires to reach the top rate on the scale its going to take a long time and to get there all this for a 20 cent raise

Start
1st year
2nd year
3rd year
4th year
5th year
6th year
7th year
8th year
9th year
10th year Current contract longevity stops here
week 1
week 2
week 3
week 4
week 5
week 6
week 7
week 8
week 9
week10
week11
week12
week13
week14
week15
week16
week17
week18
week19
week20
week21
week22
week23
week24
week25
week26
week27
week28
week29
week30
week31
week32
week33
week34
week35
week36
week37
week38
week39
week40
week41
week42
week43
week44
week45
week46
week47
week48
week49
week50
week51
week52
11th Year
week 1
week 2
week 3
week 4
week 5
week 6
week 7
week 8
week 9
week10
week11
week12
week13
week14
week15
week16
week17
week18
week19
week20
week21
week22
week23
week24
week25
week26
week27
week28
week29
week30
week31
week32
week33
week34
week35
week36
week37
week38
week39
week40
week41
week42
week43
week44
week45
week46
week47
week48
week49
week50
week51
week52
12th year The TA your voting on gives you an extra
104 long weeks and you gave up thousands of longevity dollars in pay

Junior guys are getting screwed on this scale

PJ, don't waste your breathe. I have no idea why anyone would want to pay dues and be union if they are going to bail out everytime the company puts a little heat on them.

Everyone sez this contract blows. EVERYONE. This isn't about bankruptcy or anything else, this is about voting for a contract that blows and has been tabbed the "APRIL FOOLS" contract, or voting NO and believing in the reason why we are all union to begin with, i.e., we want fairness and justice.

I have a good feeling that this contract will be rejected but there will be many who will support the company screwing fleet service over and voting for it. Each bankruptcy contract fleet service got screwed over more than other groups [see 60 day rule and other IAM exclusives], and those who voted yes are the main ones complaining now and begging for us all to vote yes.

I certainly hope that if this contract is voted down that PHX will stop telegraphing weakness to the company and stop its crying and develop some leadership and join in with the rest of the system.

To LAS, your leadership is impressive and offers the foresight needed to represent workers so that they will be better positioned in the upcoming merger. Make no mistake, if this contract gets in then much much much will be lost in a merger and many will not be around in a couple few years.

This isn't a transition contract it is a merger contract with United on YOUR side of the table

regards,
Tim Nelson

We aren’t telegraphing weakness , it’s REALITY …. If we’re going to bluff the company into thinking we’re stronger than we actually are , then we all might as well agree to give up this board …

Given the choice between living in a world of B/S and living in reality , I’ll take reality any day … some of you out there actually believe that our union (read here membership ) is STRONG and that we have a STRONG hand , neither of which is true …

Our company now knows the true state of affairs within our union ….

… As for PHX , if this TA goes down , unless and I mean unless the company and union come back to the table almost immediately you’ll basically lose PHX …. There’s very few of us here who are going to continue to fight for “unattainable goals “ … you lose PHX your hand will be DRAMTICALLY weakened …. and i'm sorry but most of us feel this way , i'm not going to waste my time fighting for a goal i don't think we can win .

Anyways to all my brothers and sisters , each day the word get’s better and better … my sources now tell me that they don't have PHL locked up like some say !! I hear we got pleanty of yes votes over there … :up:

Anyways to all my brothers and sisters , each day the word get’s better and better … my sources now tell me that they don't have PHL locked up like some say !! I hear we got pleanty of yes votes over there … :up:

Did a walking poll last night and the consenses is this POS is going down in flames...you must have been talking to BC or PF.

Those sell out AGC's don't have a clue whats going on in there own home station.

So unless your in this station you really dont know I know I work here

Oh and Proud might wanna check those numbers talked to over a hundred one on one last night and the verdict is a Big NO

have not talked to pf but have talked with both gs and bw. THEY BOTH HAVE TAKEN THE STANCE TO VOTE WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU..they have said to get as much correct info as you can and then vote whichever way you feel is best. I have talked to senior people in the fishbowl and catering all of whom were extremely outspoken against it last time and the feeling isnt entirely the same this time. i also have heard but not spoken to, bbut most junior agents are voting yes. I AM SORRY I CANT GIVE NAMES ON THIS BOARD FOR OBVIOUS REASONS BUT YOU CAN GIVE ME YOURS AND I WILL TALK TO YOU IN PERSON ANYTIME YOU WOULD LIKE.

Time will tell. I wouldn't put much stock in the PHL 3 amigos of last time though as they re-enact September.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.